Homeowners often underestimate the importance of bathroom design in interior décor. However, despite staying out of sight for most of the day, it does have certain significance too. A bathroom offers a place of solitude. Moreover, apart from your bedroom, the bathroom is usually a place where you start or end your day. Hence, the ambience in the bathroom plays a crucial role in defining your mood. Thus, if you are renovating your home, you should certainly consider a bathroom renovation too.
Things to keep in mind during a bathroom renovation
There are several factors that one should bear in mind during a bathroom renovation. These help to ensure optimum efficiency, maximize utility, and enhance the aesthetic appeal. Here are some of the aspects that require attention:
- Theme and design: This is obviously the most crucial factor during any project that involves interior décor. The bathroom décor should offer a classy look and a calm ambiance. You might want to rope in a reputed designer for this job.
- Utilization of space: It is also necessary to optimize your bathroom for maximum space efficiency. This would ensure more free space, which is always great. You can achieve this by placing all the installations strategically.
- Maintenance: While renovating your bathroom and giving it a lavish look, do bear the long-term expenses in mind as well. Avoid using any materials that are expensive to maintain or require a lot of effort.
Tackling a bathroom renovation project carefully would grant you your peace of mind for a long period of time.
What trends are likely to remain in 2022?
If you need bathroom renovation ideas, a good way to go about it is to follow the trends. This is because the bathroom designs and themes that become trendy are usually popular and after all they carry certain advantages. Here are some of the top bathroom renovation trends that would remain in 2022:
- Original designs
A growing number of homeowners are choosing original styles and customized themes, rather than settling for a standard design. Custom designs make a bathroom unique and help to cater to one’s personal tastes and convenience.
- Wet room
Rather than dividing the bathroom into separate areas, expert designers now recommend building a wet room. The wet room would contain the shower, the bath, and the sink and can withstand wet conditions. A wet room helps to save space and make maintenance easier.
- Merging indoor and outdoor
With outdoor living growing in popularity, people are constantly looking for ideas to merge their outdoor areas with the indoors. The same trend has carried over to bathroom renovations as well. A growing number of homeowners are choosing large glass walls and timber indoors for their bathrooms.
- Variations in color themes and materials
The range of materials that you may choose for the interior of a bathroom is constantly growing. Quite naturally, this makes it possible to incorporate a variety of colors and themes. Leading bathroom renovation companies that manufacture their own products can go to a great extent of customization. Be it the walls, the doors, or the bathroom cabinets, your options are plenty.
- All-in-one shower & bath
Combining the shower and the bath to save space need not make you compromise on comfort. Instead of installing a tub with a showerhead and shower curtains, you can choose an all-in-one shower & bath with a full-sized shower and a tub.
These are only some of the trends that have been growing popular. You might want to consult a professional bathroom renovation company. Apart from having up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends, they can also come up with creative solutions.