The craze of Amazon is reaching heights these days as there are a large number of users of Amazon. People are so fascinated by Amazon that they depend on it for buying products ranging from a kitchen cleaning product to various types of snacks. Amazon has made it quite convenient for the customers to purchase the product at pocket-friendly prices.
Amazon advertising is a platform that allows the sellers to advertise their products to surge the sale. These advertisements do not create any kind of hindrance in case of e-commerce channels. The sponsored posts that are displayed at the top of the results when a person enters specific keywords in the search box are Amazon advertisements. These ads are represented by “ad” or “sponsored”.
Various sellers give money for these advertisements to have more visibility of their item. Advertisers can bid on specific keywords. An advertiser is charged on the bases of clicks on the advertisement. A seller can also go through an advertising platform. These advertisements can also appear on individual pages of the products. As a person scrolls down the page, the number of ads increases. Despite these sponsored ads, there are various other types of options for advertisement on Amazon.
A seller who is willing to sell tangible items online can advertise on Amazon for having higher visibility. In case any seller is reluctant to invest money in Amazon advertisement, he can initiate with a product he knows has an excellent online sale. Once the seller starts to receive a response, he can start investing in more brands. Selling on Amazon can be enhanced by using AdWords. If the sale of the product is increased, it is likely for a product to acquire a high position.
Types of advertisements
Amazon advertisements directly influence the ranking of the product. These advertisements are quite economical on a cost per click basis. Self-service ads and premium ads are two types of ads on Amazon’s public advertisement information page. Self- service ads are similar to Google search ads, and premium ads are related to displaying ads. Amazon also has headline search ads and product display ads.
Amazon is the desired platform for advertisers with banner ads for branding prospects. Headline search ads appear in the result pages, and headline banner ads appear at the top in the result listing. These ads are useful for the promotion of 3 or more products. The campaign is scheduled in advance to run up to four months. Product display ads have a distinct format as these are not keyword targeted. Instead, these are product targeted.
Advertisers are allowed to select from a long list of products for targeting ads to relevant shoppers. One important aspect to consider is that each campaign is restricted to a single target type. These ads are displayed at the bottom or right of the result listings, top of the offer listing page, marketing emails of Amazon and reviews page. For advertisers desiring to have a higher rank for their products can make use of sponsored ads.
How to get started with Amazon ads?
A seller must create a seller or vendor account to start advertising. The first party vendors have to sign up as a vendor which is possible by invitation only. If a person is selling through Amazon Seller Central, then he is considered as a third party seller. Amazon Seller Central offers different pricing options for the independent seller and pro sellers with the higher sale.
Amazon has the provision of managing the customer service, returns and shipping of pro sellers. There is an option of vendor express on Amazon where an interested seller can have vendor route. Once a seller gets logged in, he can start making the changes as per his needs and start setting up the advertisement campaign for his products or brands.
Certain aspects to consider advertisements of Amazon sponsored products are as follows:
- These ads run just like the ads that operate via Google Shopping Network.
- These ads help in driving searchers to a particular product or item.
- Shoppers will be directed to the page of the sponsored ad once they click on it.
- These are displayed above or below the results of the search or pages of other products.
- The advertiser is allowed to select from exact or phrase match types as these ads are keyword targeted.
- Amazon allows the advertisers to monitor the budget and duration of the campaign on a daily basis.
- The drive must run for at least a day, and then it can be stopped.
Specific tips for optimizing Amazon advertisements are as follows:
- An informed Amazon strategy of advertising plays an important role to have a competitive advantage.
- If an advertiser has desired skill in AdWords, he can efficiently structure his campaign using Amazon ad platform.
- An advertiser can experiment with distinct ad formats to have loyal and repeat shoppers and to see which ad results in fastest returns.
- An advertiser can add some humour and innovation to make the product stand out of the crowd.
- An advertiser must have a specific page for each product category as it becomes more convenient to create campaign under each category.
- An advertiser must maintain a list of suitable keywords for each ad group.
- Advertisers can be more conservative by emphasizing on exact and phrase match.
- An advertiser must have a reliable account structure to ensure that his ads are relevant.
- In case of a sale, an advertiser can highlight this in the advertisement to create a sense of urgency.
- An advertiser must ensure that all the essential information regarding the product in the ad.
Further, advertisers can make use of Amazon negative keywords to find popular keywords for the product. It is imperative to see which keyword creates a negative impact. These keywords allow the sellers to have the desired target customers and to enhance product performance.