Know These Things Before NEET Counselling

Know These Things Before NEET Counselling

NEET counselling is a crucial step for candidates to qualify in NEET. After all, all the hard work would now come to play. Right from selecting a college, desired course till finally getting admitted to their dream institute, staying calm is something most of us cannot do in such situations.

While the admission season is here and begun in full swing, comprehending the many complexities the admission process has to offer takes a while. The NEET counselling authority for MBBS/BDS courses is the DGHS (Directorate General of Health Sciences). This counselling is for the 15% AIQ (All India Quota) for deemed/central universities. The entire counselling process will be overlooked by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Counselling for the remaining 85%, as we all are aware, is carried out by corresponding state counselling officials.

In this article, we cover some important pointers to be aware of before the commencement of your NEET counselling rounds.

Process of registration

All qualifying candidates must be well aware of the counselling process of NEET. Read all the instructions for online registration. Carefully enter all the information asked in the fields while registering and verify before submitting. Avoid mistakes as it may lead to cancellation. Before taking up NEET counselling, read the eligibility criteria carefully.


Once the registration process is complete, students must fill up their choice of college and preferred course. Before going ahead and finally locking this choice, do not forget to check on all the plus and minus points offered by a college for a course. Invest considerable time to learn what is the best option for you as per your NEET score. Since, it is a one time decision and once locked cannot be reverted, carefully pick your options and prioritize.

Know The Fee structure of your course

Fee structure of your course must be known well in advance. In India, pursuing medicine comes at a cost. Targeting prestigious medical colleges of the country fitting your bill with your NEET score is something that should be looked into much before. Fee structure for courses differs in various medical colleges. In India, the least fees are charged by government medical colleges. Hence, to get admitted to these colleges, competitively high scores are required.

Updated with the notifications

One of the things students need to prioritize is staying updated with the latest information on NEET UG by regularly visiting the official website. After results are declared, officials soon declare the dates for counselling rounds. Qualifying candidates must check and read through the eligibility criteria for selection as per the official website carefully before counselling commences. Failing to revert within the set time can make one ineligible for the subsequent round. Furthermore, candidates must start going to college immediately after enrolment, otherwise it can cause your seat to be cancelled.

Documents For Counselling

Students who have qualified for the counselling rounds must be aware of what documents would be required during the counselling sessions. Listed below are the required documents:

  • Result of NEET
  • Admit card
  • Photographs (passport size)
  • Marksheet and certificate – Class X and XII
  • Seat allotment letter of NEET
  • Valid proof of identity
  • If applicable – category certificate

Additionally, candidates must carry original copies of all documents aforementioned along with attested photocopies of each.This was a brief on points to know before NEET counselling commences. Subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube Channel for more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *